Welcome to Long Trails Wiki!
Long Trails Wiki (LTW) exists to provide a free, publicly editable, comprehensive, and up-to-date source of objective information that is directly useful to hikers of long trails around the world.
We encourage you to create a free account and contribute information to the wiki -- it's easy, just click here! You can create pages, add new content, edit existing content, and more.
Long Trails Wiki is for all kinds of information related to the long trails. That includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Information about the trails themselves;
- Terrain and environment;
- Navigation, maps, and apps;
- Agencies related to the trails;
- Trail Angels;
- Resupply locations;
- Gear, ultralight, cottage gear companies;
- And much more!
We recognize that what does and does not qualify as a "long trail" is open to interpretation. Long Trails Wiki currently considers the following characteristics as a flexible guide:
- ...is at least 50 miles (80 kilometers) long.
- ...involves minimal road walks.
- ...is mostly completed.
- ...is mostly in wild areas with natural earth for trail surface.
- ...is primarily a hiking trail and is designed for foot traffic.