OpenLongTrails Long Trails Criteria
Jump to navigation Jump to search
OpenLongTrails recognizes that what does and does not qualify as a "long trail" is open to interpretation. OpenLongTrails currently considers the following characteristics as a flexible guide:
- ...is at least 80 kilometers (50 miles) long.
- ...involves minimal road walks.
- ...is mostly completed.
- ...is mostly in wild areas with natural earth for trail surface.
- ...is primarily a hiking trail and is designed for foot traffic.
- ...can be completed without substantial mountaineering skills or pack rafting.
- ...is not under regulations that require hiking with guides.